Todd S. Harris, MD is the Medical Director of California Hernia Specialists and coordinates all clinical functions of the office and surgical center for hernia patients. He is an expert in his field, respected by his patients and in the medical community and active in hernia research. Because of his experience, he serves as a trainer for surgeons across the country who are interested in furthering their education in hernia repairs and has spoken at hernia conferences as a national leading hernia expert.
- One of the only surgeons in the country to publish his Nationally Recognized Patient Outcome Data – for future patients to review
- A focused, dedicated practice for hernia care places an emphasis on you and your hernia
- One of the highest volume hernia surgeons in the country – 500 hernia repairs a year – leading to the best possible outcome for patients just like you
- Top ranked hernia surgeon in the Country on HealthGrades, Google and Yelp – the largest online Physician review sites
- An active participant in ongoing hernia research projects across the country
- Serves as a trainer for surgeons across the country who are interested in furthering their education in hernia repairs
- Guest speaker at the Americas Hernia Society Quality Collaborative annual meeting
He has been awarded the prestigious Physician of Excellence Award for the past 10 years in a row which is given by the Orange County Medical Association and published by Orange Coast Magazine.
Todd S. Harris, MD Provides an Overview of Himself & California Hernia Specialists
“My passion and my focus is on taking care of patients with hernias. This dedication to a specific condition allows me to provide you with the best possible office experience and the best possible outcome after surgery. You can see by our overwhelmingly positive patient outcome data that my focused practice translates into successful medical care.”
-Dr. Harris, Medical Director, California Hernia Specialists
Welcome to California Hernia SpecialistsTodd S. Harris, MD, the Medical Director for California Hernia Specialists, welcomes patients to our center and discusses what separates our hernia program from other options in your area.
Todd S. Harris, MD – Bio
Dr. Todd S. Harris is board certified in General Surgery as well as highly experienced in Hernia Surgery. Dr. Harris is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, one of the highest distinctions for a general surgeon. He is the Medical Director of California Hernia Specialists and coordinates all clinical functions of the office and surgical center for hernia patients.
Dr. Harris was born and raised in South Carolina and is a graduate of Clemson University and The Medical University of South Carolina. He completed his general surgery training at St. Vincent’s Hospital and Medical Center in New York City. After completing his surgical residency, Dr. Harris returned for a Cardio Vascular and Interventional Radiology (CVIR) fellowship at the University of Minnesota. After completing his fellowship in 2008, he relocated to Orange County to develop his hernia practice.
Dr. Harris is a member of numerous societies including The American Hernia Society and The Orange County Medical Association. He has been awarded the Top Doctor – Physician of Excellence Award for the past 10 years. He is the highest rated hernia surgeon in the country on HealthGrades and Vitals. Because of his experience, he serves as a trainer for surgeons across the country who are interested in furthering their education in hernia repairs and has spoken at hernia conferences as a national leading hernia expert.
Outside of work Todd S. Harris, MD enjoys a variety of recreational activities. He is an avid runner and swimmer. He has competed in countless Olympic distance triathlons including Malibu, Miami South Beach, Santa Barbara, Escape Series, and OC Triathlon along with numerous 70.3 and Full Ironman races including Wildflower, Augusta GA, Dublin Ireland, IMAZ (Arizona), Santa Cruz, Coeur D’alene, and Salem OR. He balances cardiovascular activities with core and strength training. His interest in fitness allows him to appreciate getting patients back to what they enjoy as quickly and pain free as possible.
Past Patients About Dr. Harris
Would You Recommend Dr. Harris?Past patients of Dr. Harris discuss how they feel about their decision to have surgery and what they think about Dr. Harris.
Independent and Outside Resources
We know that learning about your doctor is important and something that every patient should try to do before scheduling an appointment. That’s why we provide as many outside resources as possible. Patients are encouraged to visit:
- HealthGrades.com – the top physician review site in the country, over 1100 Dr. Harris reviews and comments
- Yelp – over 125 past patients share their opinions
- Google – over 100 past patients share their opinions
- Patient Testimonials – feedback from our past patients
- 10 years of Physician of Excellence Award – awarded by the OCMA
- Americas Hernia Society Quality Collaborative annual meeting – Guest speaker
- The Orange County Medical Association – highlighted for our hernia practice
- The American College of Surgeons – Dr. Harris is board certified
Certification and Membership Matters
Certification and Membership in national organizations shouldn’t be overlooked. It shows a commitment to being involved with cutting edge medicine, research, and with other leaders in the field.
Dr. Harris participates in the education of medical and PA students from across the region.