Our hernia center is one of the newest and most advanced in the country. By combining our office space and surgery space into one hernia center, we can assure the highest quality for all of our patients.California Hernia Specialists not only provides advanced hernia care to patients throughout California and the United States, we also treat many patients from Canada as well. Canadian patients find our center to be extremely convenient since we are less than one kilometer away from the Orange County Airport, we have direct flights from several Canadian cities, and we have special discounted hotel rates at the Fairmont Hotel located directly across the street from our center.
For Canadians Traveling to California Hernia Specialists:
- Our hernia center is one of the only facilities in the US with an accredited surgery center within our clinic. This allows us to provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
- Our center is conveniently located just 800M from John Wayne Orange County Airport, and only 200M from The Fairmont Hotel, Newport Beach. (see map)
- Because we are able to control our cost by utilizing our own surgery center, the cash pricing for surgeries at California Hernia Specialists is usually less than most other facilities, while still maintaining the absolute highest quality.
- The beautiful Fairmont Hotel is less than 200M from our center and provides discounted rates to California Hernia Specialists patients.
- Most Canadian patients find that 3 days is all that is required for travel to California Hernia Specialists. This includes a consultation with Dr. Harris, surgery at our own surgical center, and a follow up appointment the day after surgery.
- Direct flights on West Jet are offered into Orange County from several Canadian cities.
- With our beautiful warm weather, sunny beaches, Disney Land, and close proximity to the airport, many patients find the trip more enjoyable and easier than having surgery at home.
About Surgery with Dr. Harris:
- The newest, advanced lightweight mesh can reduce not only recurrence rates for hernias, but also reduces the chance of postoperative mesh pain to almost zero. Many surgeons still use mesh which was invented 10 years ago which can increase the chances of post operative mesh pain. Today’s advanced mesh reduces those risks to almost zero.
- Dr. Harris specializes in inguinal hernias (groin hernia), umbilical hernias (belly button hernia), as well as less common incisional and ventral hernias.
- Although basic open surgical hernia repair is still an important option for some patients, every patient should consider being seen by a surgeon who uses the newest lightweight mesh.