At California Hernia Specialists, we are dedicated to the diagnosis of, treatment for, and recovery from, all hernia types. Our website will help guide you through learning the symptoms of hernias, the different types of hernia, and the options for surgical repair. Once you’ve decided to seek treatment, schedule your appointment with us online.
Watch our introductory video above to get a better understanding of our value to you, and the experience that some of our past patients had with our center.
About California Hernia Specialists
“Large hospitals and busy general surgeons are important parts of the health care delivery system in the United States. However, for patients like you who have a focused medical condition like a hernia, being thrown into the complexities of hospitals which are more focused on patients with cancer, heart disease, trauma, and other complicated issues isn’t the best choice. Similarly, choosing a surgeon who is performing colon cancer surgery in the morning, a thyroid surgery in the afternoon, and a hernia at the end of his or her busy day isn’t the best way to ensure you have the best outcome.
“California Hernia Specialists is different. Our center consists of clinical space for hernia consultations as well as a certified, accredited, Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC) where most of my hernia surgeries are performed. By combining our office space and surgery space into one center, I can assure the highest quality and best results for all of my patients.
“My passion and my focus is on taking care of patients with hernias just like you. This dedication to a specific condition allows me to provide you with the best possible office experience and the best possible outcome after surgery. Hernia surgeries aren’t an after-thought, done at the end of a busy day taking care of other types of patients. Hernias and hernia patients are my priority! You can see by our overwhelming feedback and recommendations from prior patients, that my focused practice translates into successful medical care.”
-Dr. Harris, Medical Director
California Hernia Specialists
About California Hernia SpecialistsDr. Todd S. Harris discusses what California Hernia Specialists offers at our comprehensive hernia center and what separates us from other groups around your region and the country.
Important Points About California Hernia Specialists:
- Our hernia center is one of the only facilities in the country with an accredited surgery center within our clinic. This allows us to provide the highest quality of care to our patients.
- Dr. Harris performs about 50% of hernia repairs laparoscopically, and 50% utilizing the traditional open methods. This well balanced approach allows for the ideal technique for each patient.
- Our center commonly works with college, professional and elite athletes (soccer, hockey, surfers, motocross, weight lifters, stunt men, professional scuba divers, etc.) getting them back to full activity as quickly and safely as any center in the country.
- Who else trusts California Hernia Specialists? Countless doctors and dentists (from OC, LA, Palm Springs and Canada), lawyers, judges, weekend warriors, police officers (LAPD and OCPD) & firemen, as well as patients from a wide range of other unique professions.
- We strive to be as cost effective as possible and will work with all insurance plans, as well as with uninsured patients. For uninsured patients, please refer to our FAQ page for hernia surgery costs.
- Most surgeries are performed at our in-house accredited Ambulatory Surgery Center (insurance permitting).
- Dr. Harris sees patients from all of California as well as from across the United States and Canada. For patients outside of our immediate area, travel arrangements to our center can be easily made. Visit our ‘Travel‘ page.
- Some laparoscopic surgeries are performed at surgery centers affiliated with local hospitals due to the cost of equipment and supplies.